No man is an island, entire of it self - John Donne
Storge
Eros
Phileo
Agape
friendship is a humbling ideal. It is so easy to serve our own needs; to use others to fill the void within. I can admit that I have not always acted with only his good in mind.
I didn't really understand this at first. As I became a teenager, though, I began to ask why our friendship still left so much in each of us unfulfilled. Although I had my circle of friends, I remained shy and uncertain but there was an assurance I was missing.
We helped each other cope with difficulties, but we still frequently failed. We overlooked each other's faults, but the faults remained. As much as we told each other, there were still things we couldn't say. I had the love of a friend, but I was still profoundly lonely.
At erhmm..couldnt remember la how old, I didn't believe that anyone could ever change that, but I was wrong. There was an answer.
Friendship is a gift to be treasured - I am or I was ? grateful to be a part of his life.
We can't remember the moment now, but sometime either he or I had to make the first move. Step out and take a chance. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. We were not identical personalities. We weren't looking for perfection. But we cared about one another.
With time, I found ways to express myself and he learned to dodge bullets. We have been best friends for almost 12 years ye ketak ingat plak how long, time and distance notwithstanding. We have both grown and changed, I don't know if I havent but the bond we share has only grown stronger. When things are going great, I know who I want to tell. When things go wrong, I know who I want to call.
But those were the days.i am still hurt.
sUe-tha-pUssycat
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Posted by
pHat sUe
at
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Labels: chistykoren ......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment